Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Moriarty's middle game

So when I started these particular stories, I wasn't expecting them to take on this kind of life. I didn't think they'd be more than a few brief bits, some fun gender swapped Sherlock Holmes stuff with some kink thrown in.

But now, it seems like it's taking on a life of its own. Like they're building up to a full out novel. Maybe I'll put them together into a nice book, and publish it for all of you. Of course, I won't put the ending here; there's got to be SOME reason for you to buy the book, right?

Anyway, I think Moriarty is keeping her game up, and it looks like Leland is coming along nicely...



Holmes sweet Holmes

“It’s loaded this time, Molly.” He pulls back the hammer, making the noise that every human seems to instinctively recognize, the sound that sends a shiver of fear even down my spine.

“Are you going to shoot me, Leland?”

His eyes are cold, distant, but look a bit more shining than usual. Are those the beginning of tears? He nods. “If I have to,” he says. “You need to be stopped.”

I look at him and paint a seductive smile on my face. “Do I?” I try to make my voice sound innocent, but I think I’ve forgotten how. Maybe coy will do. “Why?”

“You’ve killed people, Molly.”

I shake my head. “I have not.”

“You blew up the rapist and murdered the serial killer.”

I bite my lip, then shake my head again. “Even if that was true,” I say, “wouldn’t that just make me a vigilante working for the side of good? It would mean these people –who deserved to die- now can’t hurt anyone else. Isn’t that a good thing?”

“That’s not how the law works,” he says, his hand steady. His eyes are drying though. I’m not sure if that means he’s steeling his heart to shoot me, or if it means he’s having second thoughts.

I raise my hands, just in case. “It should be though, shouldn’t it? Isn’t right and wrong more important than legal and illegal?”

“You’re a thief,” he says. Good, he’s changing the subject. “And you ruined my life.”

The laugh that inspires isn’t forced. “Really, Leland?” I almost drop my hands, but the way his arm tenses when I start to lower them makes me stop. “You really want to say that I ruined things for you?”

“You did,” he insists. “You destroyed my reputation and ruined my career.”

I nod. “And I provided you with a new one. A better career and a better reputation. You were a second rate author, and now you’re a first rate detective. You’re making more money. You’re happier. Don’t even try to claim that isn’t true.”

“It wasn’t up to you to decide how I live my life.”

I raise an eyebrow at the use of the past tense. Does he mean to suggest that now it is up to me? Is he finally coming around?
             
“I know you, Leland. Knew you better than you knew yourself. I’m just trying to help you.”
             
Now it’s his turn to laugh. Rage flies across his face, but it’s chased away with confusion before the mask of calm reasserts itself. “How can you possibly expect me to believe that? You’ve done nothing but fuck with my head for months now.”
             
“I showed you who you really are,” I say. “You know you could’ve backed down any of those times I made you submit to me. You know you could have refused.”
             
“I did refuse!” his voice is getting louder and more angry, but his grip on the gun is getting looser. I don’t think it’s pointed directly at me anymore. Ah, the war between the conscious mind and the inner self.
             
I smile. “You refused out loud, but you submitted just the same. You just needed to be able to tell yourself you had no choice. But you did have a choice. You always had a choice.”
             
“You threatened to kill everyone in the bank.”
             
“But I didn’t.”
             
“You did kill the rapist with the grenade.”
             
I shake my head. “Nothing to do with your submission.”
             
That confuses him, and he lowers the gun. It’s just for a second, and he has it back up, pointed at me with a steady hand, long before I could have acted even if I wanted to. I don’t even take a step closer. I just stay where I am, a good and safe distance away from him. “You made me strip naked and lick your boots.”
             
I nod. “And then you offered to lick the soles,” I say. “You even asked if you could.”
             
“To get more questions!”
             
“And what made you follow those rules in the first place?”
             
“You said you were going to kill him.”
             
I roll my eyes. It’s meant to just look like I’m getting bored with the conversation, or like I’m annoyed with him. It also tells me that the window is three steps away, but locked, and the door behind him is the only other way out of this room. I probably should have planned this better.
             
“Did playing my game change anything?” He shakes his head. “Then you can’t blame the situation. You played the game because you wanted to.”
             
“I never want to.”
             
I laugh. “Really? You didn’t want me on my knees in the museum? You didn’t want me to” I look him hard in the eyes and enunciate the next words “suck. Your. Cock?” I smirk at him, knowing that the rush of blood those words sent through him were not making him angrier.
             
“You put a zip tie around my cock when you finished,” he says, his voice steady but with a hint of laughter in it, like an old friend sharing a memory. I smile and slowly lower my arms just a little, so my elbows touch my sides and I can take a pose of seductive surrender, rather than one of actual surrender.
             
“I didn’t make it too tight, did I?” I try to put as much apology as I can in my voice. That’s how people make others forgive them. A bit of tease, a bit of apologetic tone; it can do wonders. “You were able to get it off.”
             
“Took a while,” he says. “Needed to get safety scissors.”
             
“Is that why you carry them with you now?” I ask. “So you can cut yourself out of bondage if I tie you up again?”
             
He blushes, doesn’t answer. Doesn’t need to.
             
I was kind of hoping he’d ask how I knew he carried them. Then again, maybe it’s better that he doesn’t. If he thinks that I can actually notice the bulge they make against his wrist, maybe he’ll start assuming that I know everything, that nothing he does can ever escape my attention. That’s a good quality to have in a submissive. If he thinks you’re really a goddess, if he thinks you can’t be fooled and that he needs to always be perfect, just in case you’re watching, then he’ll be more obedient. I think Jeremy Bentham wrote about that. He was talking about prisons, not sex, but they don’t have to be mutually exclusive.
             
“I’m not letting you go.”
             
The way he says it tells me that it’s not true. He is going to let me go. I just have to give him what he wants first. I have to give him a reason to let me go. I smile. “Do you just want another blow job?” I ask, a little laugh in my voice. “Does the gun mean you want me on my knees?”
             
“I want you in prison, Molly.”
             
I shrug. “Someday, maybe. For a little while, at least.” I would like to escape from prison some day. Of course, that would require that I be caught, tried, and sentenced. I don’t think I’m ready for that. A long court case just sounds so incredibly dull. “If you don’t want me on my knees in front of you, if you don’t want to look down into my eyes as I slide my lips around your cock,” I smirk again, “then what do you want?”
             
He adjusts the gun, as if taking aim again. Completely unnecessary. I’m getting to him. “I told you,” he says.
             
I hold up my hand. “Please don’t say you want me in prison again, Leland. It’s not true, and we both know it.”
             
“You don’t know as much as you think you do.”
             
I laugh. “Of course I do.”
             
“The mask, the Incan one you stole from Peru? It’s a fake. I had them switched as part of a sting to try and catch you. There’s a tracking device in the mask.”
             
I shake my head. “That’s not true.”
             
“It is true. The bug sends out a GPS pulse randomly once every twelve hours. It’s not constant, so you can’t check for it.”
             
I open my mouth and let my eyes go wide. “Why, if that were true,” I put my hand in front of my mouth as if covering up my shock, “that would mean they know where my secret hideout is. They’d be searching it even as we speak.”
             
He nods.
             
“And they’d probably bring a demolitions team in case I had the place booby trapped.”
             
He nods again.
             
“And you would have warned them that there might be fail safes, and backups, and backups to the backups. Booby traps that are only set when the old ones are diffused.”
             
He smiles.
             
“So that would mean that there are dozens of cops there, right now, focusing all their attention on getting enough evidence to convict me of something.”
             
His smile fades a little at the laughter in my voice.
             
“Which would mean that the boys from the tenth precinct, the one right next to the diamond exchange, would be too understaffed to respond to what could very easily just have been a glitch in an alarm system.” I smile. “You know, seeing as how the alarm only went off for about a minute before the line was cut.”
             
He frowns. “What did you do?”
             
I try to look innocent again. I really should work on that. Maybe another acting class. “I didn’t do anything, Leland,” I say. “I’ve been here the whole time, safely held at bay by a stunningly handsome man with a very scary and intimidating gun.” I wink at him. “Feel free to quote me about the ‘stunningly handsome’ thing.”
             
He takes his finger off the trigger. He opens his mouth, but the words don’t come. He swallows and tries again. “You’re using me? As an alibi?”
             
“Is that so bad?” Never mind innocent. Coquettish. Coy. Those I can do.
             
He lets out an almost pained sigh and lowers the gun, putting the hammer back in place. He could still raise his arm and shoot me, but I’m more and more convinced that he isn’t going to do that. “Why do you do this, Molly?”
             
“What are you talking about?”
             
“You’re a beautiful woman.”
             
I smile and do a little curtsy, then twirl around like a ballerina, using the twirl to move half a step closer to him without him noticing.
             
He rolls his eyes. Still doesn’t put the gun away. I might have to take it from him. “So why all the elaborate ruses? Why the crimes? Why ruin my career? If you knew so much about me, if you knew you liked me, why not just come out and ask me on a date? Why not just have a relationship? Why do you have to make everything so,” he gestures with the gun, searching for a word, “complicated?”
             
“What would be the fun of doing things like normal people?”
             
He laughs, incredulous. “You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me. You did all this just to make our relationship more interesting?”
             
I raise an eyebrow and adjust my footing. “Are you saying we have a relationship?”
             
He shakes his head, but there’s half a smile on his face. “You’re insane.”
             
I shrug. “Border between madness and genius is very narrow,” I say.
             
“So is a prison bar.” His points the gun at me again, as if remembering why he was here in the first place.
             
I roll my eyes. “And neither one can hold me,” I say.
             
“We’ll see about that,” he says. “I’m still going to take you in.”
             
I let my shoulders slump and shake my head at him. “You disappoint me, Leland. I thought we were really connecting.”
             
He pulls a pair of handcuffs out of the holster on the back of his belt. That’s new, police issue. Interesting. He shows me the cuffs. “We can connect when you’re in prison,” he says. “I’ll come visit.”
             
“Promise?”
             
He smiles and closes his eyes just half a second longer than he should have. The tendons in his neck tense. He was expecting me to make a move. When he opens his eyes and I haven’t moved, he looks relieved. His smile looks so tired. “I promise,” he says. “Now are you going to put these on, or do I have to do it for you?”
             
“As much as I love you serving my every whim,” I say, smirking, “this I can do myself.”
             
I hold one hand up, not out, so he can toss the cuffs rather than hand them to me.
             
He steadies his aim with one hand, and moves to toss the cuffs. “Behind the back,” he says.
             
“You like it from behind,” I say. “I remember.”
             
He rolls his eyes as he tosses the cuffs.
             
More distraction than I need.
             
I catch the cuffs and throw them back in one quick motion. He raises his hands instinctively to protect his face, and I slip one foot behind his, one hand on his elbow, the other on the wrist holding the gun. I twist, and he ends up on the floor with a heavy thud.
             
He looks angry, more at himself than anything else, and glares up at me.
             
Right down the barrel of the gun.
             
I pull back the hammer and watch him freeze. “Should we see if you were bluffing about it being loaded?” I ask. The way he shakes his head tells me that he wasn’t. I wonder if he would really have shot me?
             
“This is not how I pictured this going,” he says, sighing and looking up at me. He settles back on his hands, pretending not to worry about the gun.
             
I smile at him. “Me either,” I say. “I always picture you on your knees, not on your ass.”
             
Then I wave the gun at him. “In fact,” I say, “Why not get on your knees like a good boy?”
             
“Or what? You’ll shoot me?”
             
I shrug. “Maybe. Maybe I’ll just fire the gun near your ears and deafen you on that side. It’ll be temporary, but it’ll hurt like hell.” I smirk at him. “And I do so love making you suffer.”
             
That’s more threat than he needs.
             
Once he’s on his knees, I pick up the cuffs and put his hands behind his back. But I do it myself, gun pointed at him but not pressing against him. Once they click shut, I slip a hand into his pocket for his keys, letting my fingers trail against his leg on the way out.
             
“What should we do?” I ask, stepping around to stand in front of him. “I’m not wearing the same boots, but you could clean them if you want. Or maybe I should make you go down on me. I do have a gun, after all.”
             
“We could have just had a real relationship, you know.” He shifts a little. “Before you crossed the line and made all that impossible.”
             
“Nothing is impossible, my love,” I say. I squat down so that I’m looking him in the eyes. “I would have hoped you’d learn that by now.”
             
I sigh, run my hand through his hair. I grip tight, smiling at the wince he makes. I kiss him, and he kisses me back, his tongue almost throbbing with frustrated passion. I can practically taste the war between his mind and his – let’s say ‘heart.’ He doesn’t want to like this. Doesn’t want to enjoy the way I manipulate him, the way I break down his will. He doesn’t want to enjoy every second of our conversations, doesn’t want to love when I turn the tables.
             
But then, if he really didn’t love all that, he wouldn’t have let me talk in the first place. He would have just cuffed me and brought me in.
             
Maybe next time.
             
I break the kiss and let go of his hair. I pat his cheek and unload the gun in front of him. I toss the keys over his shoulder, to land between his legs. If he’s been practicing how to get out of handcuffs, I’ll only have a few seconds. But that should be plenty.
             
“Next time,” I say, winking at him.
             
“Next time, I’m going to arrest you.”
             
“Promises, promises,” I say over my shoulder.

            I’m gone before he can chase after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment