Thursday, December 5, 2013

Moriarty news and preview

Sorry, but there's no story today. I may have one tomorrow. In the meantime, I've been working on connecting all of the Moriarty tales into a single continuous novel. It will be the first erotic novel I've (intentionally) written. And I won't be posting the in-between and framing bits here on the site. You'll have to buy the book, I'm afraid.

But I will give you some sneak peeks. And say a few things about dear Molly, Moriarty herself...



First, some previews... quotes from Molly that hopefully will be... inspirational:

"And I am the perfect woman for you. You may not know it yet, and may not be ready to accept it, but I am exactly what you’ve always wanted. I am what you didn’t know you need. You’ll see. I’ll show you."

"I do wish we could just drop all this pretense, Leland my dear. Why not meet once in a while for casual sex? I could kidnap you off the street, carry you off in a van and have my way with you for a few days. Imagine it; tied to a bed, tortured, beaten, whipped, bitten, and fucked with a strap on so big it has its own gravity field. I'd use you up like a cheap rag, then toss you aside like the trash I'd made you feel like, naked as the day you were born and filthy as your most intense fantasies. I could make you walk half a mile to where I'd stashed your clothing. Imagine the looks you'd get from other people. Imagine the fun.
You've got an erection now, don't you? Good boy."

"Do you think you can actually catch me, Leland? Do you think about me in a jail cell?
Am I still wearing the boots?"

Getting inside her head is... creepy. She's clever, she's sexy as hell, but she is also freaking nuts. So much so that I'm worried that she might be crossing that 'consensual' line more than a little bit. It's hard to maintain that the bdsm and the crazy are not connected to one another. I don't want to be THAT writer. There are more than enough of those. I want it to be "wow, she's kinky. Too bad she is also crazy," not "those bdsm freaks are psychopaths." Hopefully, Leland can provide that balance.

Maybe we need some stuff from him. Should we have Sherlock weigh in once in a while? Moriarty is getting tired of making thing easy for him. As she said in what was (so far) her funniest (to me at least) moment:

"I can't protect you forever. Besides, you're a smart boy. Brilliant in all the ways that matter, my little slave. You could have talked circles around any psychiatrist who tried to label you as 'obsessive,' or as  a 'sociopath,' or even as 'a paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.' And if talking circles around them didn't work, you could always pretend to cry, then when they offered you a tissue, you could grab the pen they'd been using to write notes with and jab it into their smug little jugulars."

Crazy. Kinky. The two are not interdependent. I have to make that very, very clear. Any suggestions on how, or requests that I can weave in to the narrative to point to those ideas? I have some, but I'd love to hear from you.

Now, I will leave you with one last quote, one last set of her words:


"Think of me next time you’re on your knees.
-M"


No comments:

Post a Comment