Friday, February 14, 2014

A moment in time

Today's story is simple. Gentle. Relaxing. Is it romantic? Does it live up the holiday?

A moment in time


            The room had cleared out after the presentation, everyone rushing on to the next session. Or maybe they just wanted to look like they were rushing out. I don’t know. Don’t really care. My presentation is over. I’ve now done what I came here to do; I can go to other sessions or I can just ditch the conference and explore the city a bit. I’ll do the social thing later, try to impress someone with how brilliant I am, in the hopes of maybe landing a job someday. But right now, I just want to enjoy the presentation being over.

            It had been well received. A nice crowd. Some good questions. Only one jerk wanting to prove he was smart and asking a question that really had nothing to do with anything other than giving him a chance to brag about his own work. I’ve had worse.

            I pack my laptop into my bag and slide in the scrap of paper that I pretended to take notes on when people actually asked real questions. I’m about to put the strap over my shoulder and head out when someone calls my name.

            I look up, just on the edge of being embarrassed that I hadn’t noticed someone had stayed behind. But embarrassment, and the language I’m supposed to be able to speak, took one another hand in hand and ran away from my brain so fast I’m kind of surprised I didn’t just pass out.

            Gorgeous. It’s a word, but not the right one. Not powerful enough. Not descriptive enough. She isn’t a classic beauty, doesn’t look like a model. Not a goddess or a perfect specimen of humanity. Her hair isn’t the silky smooth locks of legend, and her lips are not so full as to demand attention. She has a mousy look to her, her hair that weak shade of neither quite blonde nor brown, lacking the luster of a red head and generally looking like it had just given up on itself. Her face wasn’t quite round and wasn’t quite angular. For the most part, really, she has a look that I would have called forgettable.

            Until I see her eyes. Once I see her eyes, it’s as if everything changes. That pale pink of her lips is suddenly the perfect shade, and the hints of blush on her cheeks are the perfect amount. The brown suit jacket suddenly fits her perfectly, and the stockings don’t seem the slightest bit out of place.

            Her eyes are so full of fire, so alight with passion, that every other part of her becomes somehow more perfect. Every flaw becomes a perk, and every imperfection becomes something worthy of worship.

            I clear my throat, realizing I’ve been staring for what seems like several hours. “I’m sorry, what did you say?” I ask.

            “I was saying that I really liked your presentation,” she said. “I thought it was very clever. And very brave.”

            I smile at her. “Thank you,” I say.

            “Is it true?”

            “Is what true?”

            “You said you have a secret, one that you don’t want to share with anyone. Do you really have that secret?”

            I know what she’s getting at, and I take a few seconds to think about it. Do I want to tell her? I left the information out of the presentation for a reason. Should I just let it go?

            Somehow, the debate doesn’t take long. “Yes,” I say. “It’s true.”

            “It’s a fetish, isn’t it?”

            I frown, not wanting to play a guessing game like this. I feel like she’s making fun of me already. This is why I don’t usually share that information.

            “For boots, right?”

            Her words stop my rebuke before it can find its way into words. My eyes flick down to the floor, where they are held frozen by the sight that greets them.

            She turns one foot on her toe to give me a view of the side, of the Victorian curve around the toe, of the stunning laces and the slight heel, the straps that should make the boots look less formal but somehow just add to their allure. She lets me look at them for a while. Long enough that I know there’s no point in trying to deny anything.

            “How did you know?” I ask.

            “I saw you counting,” she says. “As people were coming in. You counted each time someone walked in wearing boots. Didn’t you?”

            There were sixteen. “No,” I say.

            “Liar.” She smiles.

            I look at the name tag on her chest, but she isn’t wearing one. So instead, I end up looking at her breasts. Which she seems okay with.

            I clear my throat again, force my eyes back to hers, which hold me more tightly than a pair of handcuffs. “Would you like to get a drink or something?” I ask.

            “Why?” She settles her stance, crosses her arms over her chest. Not to cover her breasts though; if anything, she pushes them up and together, more prominent than before. “So we can dance around the topic for a while and you can hope that I’ll do what you already want me to do?”

            “What do I want you to do?”

            She smiles at me, a smirk that unbalances me as surely as if I’d suddenly found myself completely nude. “You want me to tell you that I also have a boot fetish,” she says. “You want me to tell you that I love to have my boots worshiped. That I want them caressed.” She locks me in her eyes. “That I want them licked.”

            She glances down, then back at me, then down again. She raises an eyebrow meaningfully.

            I glance at the door. It’s closed, but not locked. Anyone could walk in at any moment. People could look through the little window. Maybe another session was going to start.

            “I don’t have all day,” she says. She puts one foot up on a chair and gently taps her knee.

            I’m already on my knees, my hands gently rubbing her calf and my tongue already pressed against the inside of her foot, before I realize that she never actually told me to do it. She never actually insisted that I kneel, never actually told me to start licking. She never talked me into anything, never even reassured me that no one was going to come in and catch us. All she did, all she ever did, was put her boot somewhere I could see.

            She made a happy sound, and I felt her fingers on my head. She was gentle, but there was no denying her as she moved me around to her heel, then back around to lick the other side of her foot. She let me slide my tongue like sandpaper over concrete, all the way up the leather to her knees, then back down to the strap. I licked around the buckle, curled my tongue up under the strap, and slowly worked my way back down, trying to keep my satisfied moan below the level of hearing that someone walking past might pick up. I didn’t want anyone to see us, but more importantly, I didn’t want anyone to interrupt us.

            The leather tasted good, that special tinge that only real leather has, along with a gritty brassiness that only comes with – actually, I have no idea where it comes from. I just know that I like it. The tang of the leather, the tart of the buckle, the grit of whatever else it may be. The soft rubber of the soles, the gentle ribbing of the treads on my tongue, the feel of a still damp boot air drying and occasionally pressing against my face as I worked on the second boot.

            There’s nothing else in the world. Not the conference, not the hotel, not the flight home. There’s no boring sessions, no self-important idiots trying to sound impressive. There’s nothing but her, me, and the boots. Nothing but her soft sounds of pleasure, her soft movements guiding my head, and the taste of the leather on my tongue.

            Her boots are my whole world, and my world is a wonderful place to be.

            It’s a perfect moment in time.

            When it finally ends, when reality crashes back down around us and the details of the universe fill themselves back in, there’s a definite feeling of loss. My world expands beyond the room we’re in, beyond the feel, the smell, and the taste of her boots. My world grows, and as it grows, as it expands, I feel like there’s less of it. No, not less world; just less important.

            She takes a deep breath, lets out a deep sigh.

            I look up at her. “So how about that drink?”

            She laughs, throaty and seductive. “Oh, I think we can do that,” she says. “I think I can find something for you to drink.”

            “Should we go to the bar?”

            She shakes her head, and those perfect eyes glint again. “No.” She says. “I have a better idea.”

            And who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment